Outdoor speakers

rayok275

I am looking for a pair of Outdoor speakers for my patio. I have been looking at the Klipsch and am wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I have heard the AW400 and AW500 as well as the KHO-7. In my opinion, the AW500 is superior to the AW400, but how is the AW525 and how do the KHO-7's compare to the reference line? Also, where would i find these discounted?

Thanks,

• 8 years later...

I have a pair of AW-500 that I purchased 6 years ago they endure the tough New England winters and we use them extensively poolside during the summer and then through the spring and fall. I get more compliments from people who come over as to how good they sound - I agree - they are excellent and would not hesitate to purchase another pair. When I was shopping I remember it being a big price jump from the AW400 to the AW500 but after listening the bit of extra mid-bass was well worth it.

• 2 months later...

THanks all for the input - when you purchase the Klipsch AW series from an authorized dealer - they are actually covered by lifetime warranty. So I called Klipsch and they asked me to send them back and my expense, a nice gentleman called me about a week later to say the replacement tweeter was on backorder with no ETA, so would I mind if they sent me a new pair instead! Seriously what awesome customer service. Several years later and they send me a brand new pair. Awesome.