Forte IIs vs Chorus IIs?

Diane

I have four Hereseys (two hanging on the wall) in my living room, and would like to replace the Hereseys on the floor with either Forte IIs or Chorus IIs. I have a Sunfire True Sub Jr as well as a pair of RB-35s back in my bedroom, all being driven by a Yamaha R-9 in the dining room. Any opinions regarding the Chorus/Fortes are appreciated.

I have four Hereseys (two hanging on the wall) in my living room, and would like to replace the Hereseys on the floor with either Forte IIs or Chorus IIs. I have a Sunfire True Sub Jr as well as a pair of RB-35s back in my bedroom, all being driven by a Yamaha R-9 in the dining room. Any opinions regarding the Chorus/Fortes are appreciated.

Meanwhile, if you want to look here: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/99057.aspx

If you are set on replacing the Heresys with Forte/Chorus, I think you will find that about half of all those who have gotten to listen extensively to both like one, and half likes the other. There is not a huge difference (some might say only a minuscule difference), so either will be fabulous. Surprisingly, the smaller Forte has a bit lower bass extension than the Chorus, but with your sub, that won't make a difference.

Backing up a bit, why do you want to change your front Heresys? There are quite a few people who have all-Heresy home theaters, and five matching speakers can't be beat in a HT. You don't mention a center speaker. Another Heresy will be a lot (and I mean A LOT) easier to find and use as a center, as opposed to the rare Academy, which is the only dedicated center for the Quartet-Forte-Chorus line (unless you plan on using another Q-F-C as a center).

Let us know more about your setup, what you feel is lacking, what your room constraints are, etc.