jbd

I am fairly new to the forum and have received a lot of great advice. After reading several posts and on-line articles, here is my question.

As I have mentioned in other threads, I purchased the Quintet III and Sub 10 to go in my new family room. The dimensions are 23 x 16. I am planning on buying a new receiver and was wondering if it is worth it to purchase two front speakers and make the satelites the surround to give me 7.1 surround sound? Regardless of the various auido formats (I have read a ton!), will a 7.1 receiver project audio to all speakers when I watch a DVD, listen to an audio CD, or watch regular Comcast Cable?

I know much of this has been answered before, but I was wondering what you guys think.

The simple answer is if you have a big enough room..(you do) and when a plane goes front to back... do you want that sound to feel as it goes over your head to dissapear as though the plane just flew over your ceiling.....behind you.... go 7.1. (dolplar effect!)

Placement is at the same height as your side surrounds... Go to Dolby.com for info. 7.1 set up.

Trust me ... one time watching Flight of the Pheonix, Master Commander, Nemo, or Cars.. You will NEVER go back to 5.1 again..