Quick and dirty cab solution for Fostex 206e (I think) 8" drivers

Daddy Dee

I've got a pair of these Fostex full range drivers I've had sitting on the shelf for three years with a project unlikely to happen now.

I'd like to employ these for portable A/V service in my church. The fostex plans for a ported enclosure are about the same volume as these vented sub boxes from partsexpress.com. What I'm wondering is how the fostex drivers would do (for this purpose) in such an enclosure. The boxes have a cut out for a 12 inch driver, but I'm imagining securing an mdf sheet to the front with an appropriate size cutout. Have also thought that if needed, it would be easy enough to reduce the volume of the port if needed.

Any thoughts? Bad plan? Other suggestions? Any feedback appreciated.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-630&scqty=2

Dee,

I meant the ones Dennis' link went to (over $200). I think your idea is great! Just as you say cut new motorboards to overlay the fronts. I'd cut them the same size as the whole front (flush all around) so that if you veneer or paint them, nobody will know your "quick and dirty" secret!