Cornwalls

tom b. 57

Is a pair of 81' Cornwalls with blown tweeters worth $500.00. I have a pair that the tweeters don't seem to be working. I don't know why it took me this long to figure that out. I used the "stuff the mid horn with a sock and listen test". I picked them up a little over a week ago and when I tested them in the guys garage I covered the mids with my hand and listened and it seemed like the tweeters were working but not quite as loud as they should be. So, I attributed that phenomenon to the caps needing to be replaced. I have someone coming to look at them today and I want to be fair on the price. Everything else is in great shape. I have tried to reach the buyer to let him know of this situation but haven't heard from him yet. He will be driving around 150 miles one way and I don't want him to make a trip for nothing if he gets here and chooses not to buy.

Tom

Heard from the prospective buyer. He decided not to go through with the deal. I feel bad about the fact that he was on his way here when he contacted me. At least he wasn't too far from home. This is a lesson learned. I will carry a rag or sock with me from now on when I go to check out possible purchases. Not feelin' too bright right about now. I guess I will replace the tweeters and relist on craigslist.

Tom