New RW-12 d

coolidge

I just purchased new system: RF-62 x 2, RC62, RS-52 and RW-12d

I'm using with onkyo 875 receiver.

Im new at this and i m very confused on set up of rw-12d.

first there was no power cord in rw-12 d box. Does one not come with it? geeks at bestbuy claim it doesnt after they called someone at klipsch. seems odd to me since there is a place for connecting a power cord on sub but they say no cable needed unless you want to upgrade.

Second, i cant seem to find info on how to properly hook up my RW12d. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find the manual in the box? I bet the power cord is wrapped up nicely with the manual, safely under the bottom styrofoam insert. ( at least this was where my RF3II and RC3II stuff was )

If you did not already throw out the boxes, look under the bottom foam. Most people open the bottom of the box, remove foam and tuck back bag, rotate box so it is bottom down, and lift box up off. ( makes for less strain trying to lift product out of box )

geeks at bestbuy claim it doesnt after they called someone at klipsch. seems odd to me since there is a place for connecting a power cord on sub but they say no cable needed unless you want to upgrade.

Second, i cant seem to find info on how to properly hook up my RW12d. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine purchased from a local shop came with a power cord. What does the statement about not needing one unless you want to upgrade mean? Upgrade to electricity? Probably another ploy from the geeks to try to get you to purchase a Def Tech cube. Tell them to give you your cord. Maybe the idiot thought you were talking about a subwoofer cable, and not the power cord.

update: contacted klipsch to help with getting power cord. I even offered to pay for it plus shipping as at this point i dont care about throwing away money as long as i have a working subwoofer. They couldnt sell me one saying they dont have parts to sell. they say: "your best bet is to contact best buy". Again here we go. I decided that calling BB in new hampshire was like talking to my dog. Customer rep did give me the number for Best Buy Headquarters and spoke with customer rep named Mike. We did a three party call to klipsch. Again cant help us. parts come from parts supplier through best buy. We then called best buy parts distributor who finally found a cable and will be shipping to me(hooray!). Cost me 16 dollars but again i dont care when i spent almost 3 K on new system plus over 1K for receiver. Mike was terrific in staying with me for about half hour while we conferenced call and gave me BB gift card. Very supportive, understanding and very nice customer service at BB headquarters. I cant say the same though for magnolia center at BB in new hampshire.

Other option with Best Buy would have been to return sub but it took one month for special delivery and it seems silly to return just because power cord is missing( and yes i searched everywhere for cable).

Hopefully all's well that ends well.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You have an extra computer power cable? Same thing... go to Best Buy, point to the thickest one they have and tell the manager to "give" it to you since the sub you ordered didn't come with it, if he refuses, buy it, can't be more than 5 or 10 bucks.

As for Klipsch not selling parts, that's a new one, I bought a new grill for my RC-64 from them, maybe they just mean they don't sell power cords because they are available everywhere for next to nothing.