Heresy II risers to tilt the speakers down?

Islander

I'm using a pair of Heresy IIs for surround in my system. They're located up high near the back wall, one on top of a bookcase. When I toed them in toward the listening position, the volume went up by about 3dB and the treble response was much better. However, they're still horizontal.

I'm wondering whether it would work if I mounted the speakers on risers, but with the risers backwards, so the speakers were aimed down towards the sweet spot. First, would the risers fit that way, and just as important, would they be stable, or would the speakers be tippy due to being front-heavy? A speaker bouncing off my head during an explosion scene would be way more impact than I'd be looking for...

Relatively speaking, they're not as stable as when the risers are mounted the normal way, but I had no problems running a center channel that way for a few years at my parents' place.

I think I'd be more worried about the stability of anything heavy sitting on top of a bookcase...???