Bose Wave System

Lil' Brian

Isn't it quaint how Barney feels the need to redefine statements for his own purposes in every single post? Amazing. He doesn't even require a conversation, as he is content inventing both sides of an assumed conversation with the voices inside his head.

quaint: obsolete, marked by beauty or elegance, unusual or different

Hmm. Yet another poorly chosen word used inappropriately but lets not bicker over your ability to actually construct meaningful sentences; lets just point out here you have plagiarized the very criticisms which have been leveled at you repeatedly and once again project your failings on another.

You statement above may be the most glaring example of "the pot calling the kettle black" humans will ever see. (note: metaphor& hyperbole)

I won't bother to demonstrate your waffling and provide examples of your outright manufacturing of arguments, attributing them to others, and then basking in the glory of defeating your own argument while attacking the other person. It almost pains me to point out your errors and failings as a
contributor to the discussion because I fear it may result in even more
mental thrashing by you.

As previously mentioned, your dependency on attacking others in order to raise your self-esteem can only be the manifestation of a serious mental illness.

As evidence I want to help you, you may want to suggest to your therapist that your condition stems from a severe case of MAS - meconium aspiration syndrome. Essentially, at birth you inhaled your own feces causing difficulty breathing. The resulting oxygen deprivation led to mild, some here would argue severe, brain damage and led to your present psychosis. I do hope you seek the professional therapy you so desperately need.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it get locked? I take no offense to the name calling offered up by Mas.

It isn't like anyone takes him seriously, do they? You wouldn't make a decision based on his ever-shifting, self-contradicted, and rapidly withdrawn opinions, would you?

If Amy locked every thread Mas participated in, there wouldn't be any left.

As I said previously, read his posts for the amusement they provide. I think he provides a public service - both in the entertainment value and the awareness one gets of the need for additional health services.

You guys don´t happen to be politicians in real life do you???

Good question. I have been wondering just what these two verbose gentlemen do for a living. I'm guessing with all their spare time that they are either politicians or government employees. Either way it's pretty sad.

eins weizenbier danke.

All the German I know. Learned it at the Hofbrau house in Munich.

You guys don´t happen
to be politicians in real life do you???

Good question. I have
been wondering just what these two verbose gentlemen do for a living.
I'm guessing with all their spare time that they are either politicians
or government employees. Either way it's pretty sad.

You would be wrong. And it is three verbose gentlemen if you are counting - although one of us is verbose just for sake of being verbose.

Barney

Posted Image

my main point that was against the incessant Bose bashing [...] The fact is: you missed the point as you actively were bashing Bose.

Ok... so then we are back to you trying to be Nostrodamus. Your main point was supposedly against Bose bashing, which you posted in your first post in this thread, which was the third post in the entire thread, and was prior to any post I made in the thread... are you with me so far?

Now... not only was your point completely irrelevant to my post, which came long after yours - but if you were trying to predict the future of my post... well... you were wrong. Now that we are here, you are trying instead to go back in time and claim that I was actively bashing, and you are - yet again - flatly wrong.

Allow me to hold your hand through this, so you understand clearly and maybe for the first time in your life - pay attention to what is going on... here is my post (again - coming long after yours in which you made your "main point":

I mentioned in another thread that the old school 501's and 601's
didn't sound *too* bad - certainly leagues better than the 901's or the
AM/Lifestyle systems, but required gobs of power.

The only
other Bose product I like - and actually would probably do with a
completely different driver if I were ever inclined to build such a
beast - is the Acoustic Wave Cannon... I have heard a few in
auditoriums and theatres - and it is pretty neat.

Posted Image

See? No bashing. Nothing about you. Nothing about your irrelevant point. Once again you try to tell me how I was thinking, what I was feeling, and what I said - and across the board - you are wrong yet again. I warned you before about mis-quoting and mis-representing me. Did you pay attention this time? Place your bets!

So please tell us once again how you agreed with my fundamental point!

So now that you can't escape the fact that I did correctly agree with the point that you have been arguing all this time that you were trying to make - you decide to change the scope and say you were really trying to talk about a completely different point that you had also mentioned all along?

Posted Image

I have no interest in having a conversation with you.

Yeah, we can all see that. Keep convincing yourself.

I have no problem taunting you

You call this "taunting"? You are going to have to do a whole lot better than that! Hahah... all you are are doing is talking yourself in circles, getting caught time and again contradicting yourself from one post and one thread to the next. This isn't taunting at all. 10 year old kids trying to taunt me on duty did a whole hell of a lot better than you on even your best day! No - apparently you are not smarter than a 5th grader! Your ignorance and endless doubletalk is entertaining! I get several long strings of laughter a day out of your scatterbrained posts and logic, to the point where I actually enjoy slicing and dicing every other sentence you type because of the fact they constantly contradict each other or the previous post which you made.

But I had no role in 'fascilitating' your bashing of Bose.

Other than falsely representing that I had (err... was going to - I forgot, you seem to think you are Nostrodamus) done it, no.

But it is rather cute how you follow me around

Don't flatter yourself. You are not that special, no matter who you think you are. As I said and demonstrated earlier - when I posted in this thread, long after you - it had nothing to do with you, your irrelevant point, or bashing. Scatterbrain!

Bye Barn.

Don't let the purple tail home-run your *** out of the park on your way out.

My first post was towards the bottom of page 4. We are now at the top of page 5.

I´m sorry I did not mean you. I meant the rivalry in gerneral since page 2.

Yup, Anachronism JUST showed up in this continuing "rivalry in general" on "the bottom of page 4". ROFLMAO .

Few things have been asserted that so misrepresent the full scope of his involvement, but no one can dispute that this misleading claim of his is anything unusual.

There have been at least 3 full threads where he has been a prominent player in the exact same role. Yeah, he just showed up "towards the bottom of page 4."

Can we all say: "a lie of omission."

LOL!

I have been wondering just what these two verbose gentlemen do for a living.

I design and build corporate and educational data & network centers as small as mom & pop shops and as large as global scale, mutli-gigapop networks. I also have a live audio production company on the side, although I haven't done a lot with it lately.

There have been at least 3 full threads where he has been a prominent player in the exact same role.

You think it wasn't necessary for him to point out all your double-talk? AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!

My first post was towards the bottom of page 4. We are now at the top of page 5.

I´m sorry I did not mean you. I meant the rivalry in gerneral since page 2.
Yup, Anachronism JUST showed up in this continuing "rivalry in general" on "the bottom of page 4". ROFLMAO .

Few things have been asserted that so misrepresent the full scope of his involvement, but no one can dispute that this misleading claim of his is anything unusual.

There have been at least 3 full threads where he has been a prominent player in the exact same role. Yeah, he just showed up "towards the bottom of page 4."

Can we all say: "a lie of omission."

LOL!

Hoorah! Mas demonstrates his mental illness once again. The context of the gentlemans statement, Mas, was this thread which was clearly indicated by his posts and reference to "three pages" in this thread; its only two sentences to comprehend, how much simpler could it be. My statement was not only not a lie of omission but was factual in its entirety.

Your post, as usual, was its usual misrepresentation and mischaracterization. Its hard not play the exact same role when you go from thread to thread and spew the exact same nonsense, engage in your deceptive attacks and resort to histrionics.

I have been wondering just what these two verbose gentlemen do for a living.

I design and build corporate and educational data & network centers as small as mom & pop shops and as large as global scale, mutli-gigapop networks. I also have a live audio production company on the side, although I haven't done a lot with it lately.

Business a bit slow at the moment?

It has it's ups and downs - but thankfully it is also of a nature where I don't need to go and sit in a cube every day, and can otherwise take plenty of time off. I have about a half dozen projects I am speccing out from home, and will be on another build starting Tuesday. It is snowy out, and I'd rather not deal with the people who forget how to drive in it... so - I'm staying in and enjoying some good tunes, and good times. Only a few days until the motorcycle show, then another month to break the bikes and boat out and step away from the computer. :)

• 1 month later...

In defense of the Wave, I am renovating my rental and it is easy to throw in my truck with a CD wallet and plop it up on the mantle when I get to the house. Plays tunes loud and clear enough to hear throughout the house while painting, sanding, plumbing, cursing ...

I heard a Wave at a UPS store. I didn't know that's what it was at the time; I asked the owners because the sound was, as mentioned above, loud and very clear w/out distortion, yet there weren't the ubiquitous perforated white circles in the ceiling. They liked it because of that feature -- small size, decent output.

A little expensive, maybe, but nice for a table-top system for background music. Silly to bash, I think, but that seems to make some feel better. I heard some 901s not too long ago that I also liked. It wouldn't replace Klipschorns, 4 Heresies, Lowthers, lots of 2A3s, 300Bs, 6Bq5s, 6SN7s, 6SL7s (wonderful tube, IMO), source components, etc., but I wouldn't mind having a Wave around the house.... We have a couple of Tivoli radios that aren't too bad.

Erik