v2-4's on a dvd player?

BlacKnight

"correct sound" NO. YOu will just get stereo x 2. you will not get REAL 4.1. If you got the Audio Tornado for 99 bucks you could do real 4.1.

but if you do want to hook your 4.1's or v2.400's to your dvd player with only stereo output, get a yadapter to make stwo outputs for the left and the right, then make them into mini's so you have 4 speakers playing sound not just two.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

• 1 month later...

I have a sony DVD player with 5.1 outputs on the back, those of you out there with this you can get 5.1 with your speakers. I use the TV speaker as the center and I got some RCA-to-mini plug adapters from radio shack to convert the front and rear so I can plug my v2-400s into them. What you do to still get the bass without plugging it into the speakers is go into the DVD player setup, disable the bass, so it outputs bass through the speaker outs.

quote:

Originally posted by Gondor:

I have a sony DVD player with 5.1 outputs on the back, those of you out there with this you can get 5.1 with your speakers. I use the TV speaker as the center and I got some RCA-to-mini plug adapters from radio shack to convert the front and rear so I can plug my v2-400s into them. What you do to still get the bass without plugging it into the speakers is go into the DVD player setup, disable the bass, so it outputs bass through the speaker outs.

this is true, and infact what i did before i got my first set of 5.1's. the reason that you still get bass is that even though 4.1 and 5.1 and 6.1 decoders have a distinct LFE channel, the ProMedia's override this to be sure that the crossover is set at a safe level and to provide optimal sound.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>