New Pioneer Flagship

kelA

Looks pretty interesting. I have a friend with a Denon 5803, and I have to say it sounds incredible, but I always wonder why not go seperates at that point? $4-5k will buy a great preamp and $2-3k will buy an amp that I would think would be as good as the class d they are putting in this reciever. Anthem AVM50 and an Outlaw or B&K amp seems like a better deal for the money.

I agree 100% about going seperates at that price point. Its not like I have that type of expendable cash anyway, if I did I would probably get a McIntosh amp[:D] Even the new amps from Emotiva look pretty good as far as specs.

The big selling point for the Class D amp is that they are so efficient.

Yeah saw them all the flagship receivers,at this price level an Anthem Statement combo buldozes these heavyweight receivers. Separates should be the way over 5K. I once had the Denon 5800 heavyweight...yeah big,has descent amp section...a zillion inputs and outputs...almost connect the fidge. But...a Sunfire pre/pro matched to multiple SImAudio Celeste amps had a clear advantage in sound quality. When driving my power hungry Dynes.

So IMO these receivers are for those who are restricted by space or want as few components as possible. They are quality,yes the sound quality is very good but it does NOT match dedicated separates (provided they are matched well).