Testing new center channel speaker

Mudkicker

• 4 weeks later...

**Update**

Hello

I received my new K-1016-SV drivers today from Klipsch.

Very easy to remove the old ones and install the new ones. It sounds great! The old ones were totally cooked....can't believe the Ebay seller would pull such a stunt. The best i could do through Paypal was get the seller to pay for one of the two new drivers. Better than nothing i guess.

I was just wondering if there is a "break in" period for these speakers? Is there any do's or do not's?

Thanks

Mud

Glad you got new drivers.

No real 'break in' but I always advise never taking a new car off the lot and putting the pedal to the metal. Play at a modest volume for a couple of days- go to work and leave the FM on. Then have at it.

Enjoy and Welcome to the Madness!

"Sorry, but that's not likely at all, JackDalton. Better chance of hitting the Mega Millions."

Well, it apparently happens. See http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/85312/858482.aspx#858482

It can definately happen. I have bought and sold on ebay since 1999 and I have had 99.9% great experiences and met many, many great kindred spirits in the ebay community, but obviously there are crooks on there too. But, give the seller the benefit of the doubt and definately dont give up on buying from ebay. I have built my entire system from used equipment, that I got great buys on, from ebay

Klipsch RF-35's $330.00, Klipsch, RF-25 Tower ( i used it as a center channel) $120.00, RB-35's $235.00, RB-25's $175.00, RW-12 $130.00 and thay all work excellent. For what its worth.....