Amy question about Klipsch and AAFES

PYRO

So I called Klipsch sales today to ask them about doing business through AAFES and no one in the Department has a clue about this. So next thing is to contact AAFES and ask them. Probably get the same deer in the headlights answer.

Oh Well @!!!

Bought a pair of Heresy's in '86 and Forte's in '88 from the Ramstein, AB GE BX. I remember the huge tent sales in the summer with the whole line represented! For the three years I was in Germany I was in a virtual Audio Nirvana the volume of top notch gear available was unreal. If it was not at the Ramstein BX or Audio Photo Club which sold more and different gear I could cruise up the road to the Vogelweh PX and Audio Photo Club. Went to Mainz-Kastel and they had three floors of manufacturers represented and even a closeout gear room, bought a JBL B-380 subwoofer there. I kept the system I purchased intact for over 12 years and finally relented in 2000 to change over to a HT system from 2-channel.

I hear all AAFES carries now is Bose and cheap garbage and the prices are no better than going off the base to make purchases. Gone are the days of killer gear!

I'm on their site now and I see

Celestion, JBL, CV, Infinity and Velodyne subs,

Boston Acoustics, Celestion, BIC, CV, JBL, Infinity, Yamaha mains/surr,

Polk Soundbars & subsat systems,

BIC in-walls

Audiovox surround system for $575 (No, I'm not kidding),

CV "pro"/dj cabinets (INT-252)

MTX mains, "pro"/dj, subs

JVC bookshelf,

And OF COURSE - more Bose than you can possible imagine.