rc64 problem

ginosony

My setup is rf83s, rc64 and rs25 as surround(i know next upgrade) sub is pw2200, everything driven by a 4306 denon. I have a dedicated room with acoustical treatment. I bought the 83 + 64 kit during holiday season. I've been hearing a funky sound, been a while but i found it more evident since i treated my room. I think one of my 4 woofer is busted on my rc64. I thought Klipsch cannot busted, anyone heard about a similar story??? I'm going to supplier tomorrow first thing to try on another receiver, still on warranty no worry, just lil bit disapointed.

• Moderators

I thought Klipsch cannot busted, anyone heard about a similar story???

Very nice setup. I'm working on a similar setup myself. Any brand speaker (including Klipsch) can fail or even blow (busted). Can you better describe the "funky sound" you are hearing? Is it popping, scratching, hissing etc? When do you hear this sound? Is it constant, intermittent, during movies etc. This might help in the troubleshooting.

I hear scratching like, at high volume, intermittent, depends of the frequecy use i presume. I'm 100% home theater so it happens during movies. I've listen closely, i'm pretty sure the right woofer is blown or i don't know, maybe my receiver cause this, is that possible, lack of power at high volume???

Ok here's the situation, i just came back from supplier, we tried the rc64 alone on an integra with a cd then Transformers movie, at reference level, sound was clean no distortion, no scratching sound. After we talked a bit, we came to a conclusion. My denon 4306 is not powerful enough, my center channel have no bass reflex, it's sealed so it demands more juice than other speakers. So at high volume i think i hear distortion???

Is that possible. If yes i have 2 choices, sell this denon and buy another receiver like an integra. Or maybe use the denon as processor and buy an amplificator.

Do you have any EQ enabled on the Denon when you hear this sound ie Audyssey? Are you running the RC64 large or small setting, and what is your crossover set at for the center? Running your center as small will take some of the stress off your receiver if it is stressed. I would try setting all speakers to small and try different crossover points and see if you still hear your noise. Worth a shot.