Dual CS 5000 Turntable? Any thoughts Pro or Con

tuned4life

A Mint Dual CS 5000 with manual showed up 52 miles from me. Seller agreed to let me dive over to check it out with 7 hours left in the auction. His brother bought it new and didn't use it much. Bid was already at 340.00 so seller didn't want to take less than 400.00 for. He told me if I gave him 400.00 let me pick out 10 albums out of his collection. I couldn't resist. Got it home and set it up with a NOS Shure v15 type III with vn35he stylus. It looks nice with my old marantx receivers. I am going to have to sell one of my technics sl1600MK2's now.

post-18012-13819361025814_thumb.jpg

I am pretty happy with it so far. I listened to 3 albums and it sounded very good. The headshell was very diffacult to mount my shure v15 type III on though. I had to us longer screws than what were on the cartridge that came with it. The screws wern't long enough to allow for any angle adjustment though. It looks to be fairly horizontal to the album but it is probaly not to spec. I and going to order another headshell to mount a shure x97e on. I am going to order an angle adjustment tool and a spare belt. A CS 5000 that wasnt as nice as mine went for 500.00 so I think I got a pretty good deal at 400.00.