Pics of my Patrichorn project

EVGuy

After several years of procrastinating, I finally started working on turning the bass horn section of my Electro Voice Patrician IV, into a more modern looking and fully functional Klipschorn looking cabinet. I call it a Patrichorn. It contains all the original drivers found in the Patrician except for Bob's tweeter, and right now I'm using a University SAHF mid range driver to see if I like it better. The crossover was built a few years ago by Bob, according to EV specs. I built the 200hz wooden horn that all the drivers are mounted in, and the entire top section housing everything. I modeled after my Khorns. I still have to build the side panels but right now I'm going to relax a little and enjoy the wonderful sound it makes. I think I'm going to end up painting the top section black like the 60th anniversary Khorns but I'm still undecided. Here's a slide show I put together. I hope it works.

Bernie

they look great...how dp they sound?

There's only one unfortunately but it sounds great. Until I asked Bob to build the crossovers, I never appreciated the excellent sound the Patrician can reproduce. The old X2635 crossover worked but not well at all because of age. The difference was night and day once Bob's were installed. Those old crossovers are nice to collect, but certainly not to use.