Hotel California (DVD-Audio)

lovedrummin

I just got the DVD-Audio of The Eagles "Hotel California" last night & it was like hearing it for the first time again. Hearing Don Felder & Joe Walsh do the lead guitars on the title track was awesome. I was also very impressed with the sound on Wasted Time(Reprise). This whole disc was just like being in the studio. I also have it on a gold CD from the original master tapes & I didn't think it could get any better. It can. It did. It's also one of the few recordings our there that IMHO doesn't have a bad track on it. It's just a graet recording from start to finish. The DVD-Audio certainly does it justice.

------------------

Lew

Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

I got mine at BestBuy. Also have Foreigner & Foreigner 4, ELP - Brain Salad Surgery, Doors - L.A. Woman, Deep Purple - Machine Head(this will give your sub a workout), Carly Simon - No Secrets, Fleetwood Mac - Rumours -- what can I say - I'm hooked. I found all of them at BestBuy in the DVD music section. A buddy of mine just picked up Doobie Bros. - The Captain & Me - says it's awesome. I've seen George Benson's -Breezin' there. The next one on my list to get is Billy Cobham's - Spectrum. Can't wait to hear his drums on DVD-Audio. Happy huntin'.

------------------

Lew

Well, I went to Best Buy yesterday and picked up a few DVD-A videos and DTS 5.1 CD's. Here is what I bought:

Eagles - Hotel California (DVD-A)

Pat Metheny Group - Imaginary Day (DVD-A)

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now (DVD-A)

Bach (Hans-Andre Stamm) - Organ Works (DVD-A)

Paul McCartney & Wings - Band on the Run (DTS CD)

Paul McCartney & Wings - Venus and Mars (DTS CD)

There were a couple others that I would like to pick up next time I'm there:

Carly Simon - No Secrets (DVD-A)

Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle (DVD-A)

Doobie Brothers - The Captain & Me (DVD-A)

Billy Cobham - Spectrum (DVD-A)

After doing some checking online, I have found them to be much cheaper at www.dvdplanet.com. They are $18.74/ea there versus $22.99 at Best Buy. Shipping is $2.50 for the first DVD but only $.50 for each one after that.

I have only played Hotel California and am very impressed so far. I can't wait to hear the Bach Organ Works as I'm sure it will give my sub a workout. Smile.gif

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Hey Mike,

Let me know what you thimk of the Bach Organ Works. In spite of my classic rock leanings, every once in a while I get in a "classical" mood. I've been thinking about getting the Bach Organ Works. Is that the one that was recorded in a hall in Germany? Seems like there are a couple Bach organ DVD-As out there. Let me know what you think.

------------------

Lew

Well I just listened to the 2-channel (Advanced Resolution Stereo) version of this and it is outstanding! The 6-channel version is a 96khz/24 bit recording but the 2-channel is 192khz/24 bit. This is opposed to the Pat Metheney "Imaginary Day" DVD-A, which is 88.2khz/24 bit for both 2 and 6 channel recordings. Of course with the 2-channel recording you don't get any .1 material, as I guess it has all been remixed into L & R. Since my DVD-A player doesn't have any bass mgmt, my mains are handling the full load and it still sounds marvelous. I will be getting the ICBM any day now and will replay this version and see if it sounds any different, with everything below 40hz going to my sub...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems