Depth of cleaning tool

TheEvan

What is the the exact depth of the cleaning tool for the Image? Mine fell out of the case on a flight. I very gingerly cleaned my nozzles once with a flosser-pick. If I knew the exact depth I could attach something (like wrapping with tape) to stop it at that depth

TheEvan,

You might try a bit of velcro on the case and back of the cleaning tool should you obtain a replacement. I had posted about doing so in another thread here but it looks as if it's been deleted or archived but hadn't yet tried it then.

A couple of things to consider

1. Don't put the velcro on the nylon tricot like lining as used in the Custom 2 case - it can pull it away from the backing - or at least be careful
  2. Recommend to use a larger piece of the loop on the case and a shorter piece of the hook on the tool as it doesn't take too much to hold it. Knowing that I still put same length on both pieces initially. Might not have started pulling the lining out of the case with shorter velcro?
  3. That little sucker's still easy to lose - I've pulled it out and it's went flying once or twice or I'll leave it on my desk and knock it on the floor.

Other things I've thought of or might actually try

1. I've considered putting a loop of thread through the handle to make it easier to remove from the velcro but decided against it as it's small enough to be hard to drill.
  2. I thought about tethering it to the case but decided that'd be too cumbersome
  3. I will probably paint a bright band of fingernail polish around the handle to make it easier to see should I drop it on the car floor or knock it off my desk.
  4. Suggest to Amy they include a spare with the spare ear gels one receives when registering in the US - would also be a good idea to include with additional nozzles. I'm sure a lot of these will be lost. I hope they're available for purchase with reasonable cost and shipping.

Hopefully the following pic will give an idea of how the velcro can work and how I pulled away the lining

post-26727-1381936635561_thumb.jpg