Work without preamp?

soban

The only reason is that a friend was moving out and he gave me the woofer only, no preamp :(

I just want to try out the BASH amp .. I already have two stereos at home so don't really want to spend $80 for the preamp

I can get you a 4.1 Pre-Amp for $50, it isn't a CP-1 woth the on/off switch, or the Headhpone output, or the input, but it will work and get your BASH Amplifiers controlled. Very nice sounding systems. but your home stereos probably have more power. I would be glad to buy your Subwoofer unit for a total of about $50 if you decide you don't want it.

• 3 weeks later...

You do not wnat to send line-level input into the sub even if it did work. You would probably blow the system as you would have full blast volume at all times. You would have to have an output that is volume controlled by your computer or something bet even then you are asking for trouble if you volume were to go full on.

It MIGHT work

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/102005.aspx

I would just be sure to have a preamp/volume control on it of some sort. You probably need to use some sort of headphone output with volume control to drive them.