I think my Promedia 5.1 died

I never had a problem or any indication of failure, but today when I came home I could not power it on. I unpluged and plugged it into another outlet but nothing, its like its not getting any power or my volume control/power switch is not working. How do I find out wants wrong with it?

Same with me [:'(].

Did you find out what your problem was?

I thought that I wouldn't have any of the problems that you guys have been having.

Been working 3+ years flawlessly up until now.

Went to power the speakers up and no-go. In any outlet.

Music was playing just fine yesterday, about 8 hours prior to when I tried to power it up.

• 1 month later...

OMG!!!

The first fuse I tried blew right away. It has been a couple of months and I decided to try one more time.

Bang! I saw the back of the amp light up. Oh no I thought. Another fuse blown.

Wait... this time the control panel turns on. And the center speaker that stopped working, now works again!

Wow. I have had a silent computer for the past couple of months. It is so nice to have audio again!

Please tell me what I should do to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Should I leave it on? Turn it off right after use?

I don't want this to happen again!!

You could leave them on all the time. I do....but if your blowing fuses, then that creates a different story.

Something is casuing you fuse to blow. You need to figure out what. If you mentioned your center stopped and then came back. I think maybe its a bash chip on its way out, or something is lose in your amp/sub box.

Well, I think it blew the first fuse (original) because of a lightning storm we had one night. Even though I had it hooked up to a surge protector, the power supply in the house must have flashed off and on about 8-10 times that night.

The next morning, I woke up and my control panel no longer powered up.

Bought a pair of fuses from Radio Shack. I don't know why the first attempt failed. All I know is that the second fuse has been working perfectly for the past few days.