I Got My Music Back!

AnalOg

Hi Guys,

It's been awhile. The last time I did some regular posting here was about two years ago, family issues and financial situations caused me to lose focus on my love of music and the equipment that accompanies it, forcing me to sell all but my La Scala's and rebuilt and modded by me Dynaco Mark III's. Thanks again to all the forum members that helped me out by purchasing the equipment at the time of need. Well I'm back thanks to this forum and a few members that I have aquired some of my (to me) new equipment and the rest basically picked up on Audiogon.

After months of trial and error, buying and swapping equipment in and out of my system, trying to capture that "magic" that I once had, finally came to a conclusion on the analog side last night with the final tweaks to my newly aquired ScoutMaster with Signature JMW9 arm. I have a DL103 cart on this rig and the mass of the arm does not allow for proper VTF adjustment, plus causing it not to sound all that great. I didn't have headshell weight handy so I took a penny with some modeling clay stuck it dead center just behind the mounting screws of the cart on top of the a headshell, doing so adding 3.1 grams of mass. I then set the VTF at 2.5, adjusted the azumith (sic), VTA, and when I sat down to listen to some Steely Dan Aja, I got the chills and had smiles from ear to ear, the taught bass, that in the room midrange, all and all a very musical presentation that draws you in.

It's been a fun ride back, and I'm glad I got my sounds!

Thanks to all,

Tom

I have just got back to my real love, music, I have had my klipsch in storage. started with some 2.2's, 1.2's and an sw-10,Had to sell them all for pampers, Now years later I've had a reason to get back to listening to music. years of down sizing, I can finally get some real speakers. I had found a pair of Heresy's( H-BB). To most not a big deal, to me a great way to getback into it. I had always kept ahold of my old Scott equiptment and now listening to jazz like it should be. I know what you ment when you said "majic" right now I'm listening to what I thought I could never do, my new Heresy's and jazz, "LIFE IS GOOD"