RF-52 Question

jbd

I was holding off on all of my questions to fellow forum members until I move in June, but here goes a quick one. I am putting together my H/T for the family room which is 26x13. I currently have the Quintet III and Sub 10, and I am researching receivers for purchase in a few months. I think I have the size for a 7.1 setup and the following opportunity just came up:

My local retailer has the RF-52's on sale for a pretty good price!

I am not looking to spend a ton of money to do a full speaker upgrade and I am not looking to sell the Quintets (sorry Bill). Would the RF-52's make a good set of front speakers, while using the Quintets as my surrounds? Would this sound good and would these speakers match? It's hard to sample this complete setup at the store. Thanks

i have a set of rf-7's for mains in my 22x13 Living Room. and i am running the full 22' from mains to surronds.. "had" a set of quintet's for surrounds, till i noticed they were not playing anymore... :( the 7's drowned them out to the point i didnt even know they were there... so i upgraded to a set of rs-52's.... i would think in your instance you could "use" the quintet's... then hope for a nice present of a set of rs-42's to go with the rf-52's... My 2 Cents...

Being an entry level H/T guy, I realize the Quintets are an entry level system. I know a majority of forum members got hit with the upgrade bug, however I am upgrading from a Sony system so anticipate a world of difference.

If I stay with the Quintets, will I be totally disapointed (knowing there is better out there)? I want to utilize what I already have, but I don't want a system that is not meeting my "entry level" expectations!

• Moderators

Yeah, the bug is a nasty critter. Hope you don't get it too.

Check out this thread. Might be helpful to you. Be sure to read to the end. He enjoys the sound but initially did not have it setup properly.

Some people are probably completely satisfied with the quintets. Others need more than what they can provide. It all depends on you. Will it be an upgrade from Sony....you betcha.

Thanks for the help. I was hesitant to use the "S" word in my post. I think I may take a gamble with the RF-52/Quintet III combo. Set up won't be for a few more months, so I have plenty of time to ask questions about receiver recommendations and speaker wire advice.