RS-3 II placement

ATLDiver

Everyone,

I recently purchased a set of new RS-3's to augement my H/T setup. My room isn't large (22' by 14') but it's a vaulted space going up two stories. I mounted the RS-3's on the back wall approximately 8' up on the wall. These speakers so far have really blown me away, just in a few hours I can tell that the "warmth" of sound is incredible. With that said I'm debating if I should mount them on the side walls on either side of the listener instead of behind. I have them mounted about 6" away from the joining wall and even though these are bipole I want to make sure I have the optimum setup. The guy at the local H/T store where I bought these said behind was find but I've always been told to the side is better. I'd like to have everyone's thoughts, thanks in advance.

Sean

For 5.1 movies, you will difintely prefer them as side surrounds. If your receiver is 6.1 or 7.1, I would get another set and leave the current ones where they are (and just change where they are wired to the receiver). If not, you would be better off moving them to the sides of the listening position...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

I have for mains the 10.5s and a center c-5 and I was told by Klipsch the match for my sytem would be the

ss-1s. (I wanted to consider the rs-3s but they said the ss-1 wouls be more timbre matched). Anyway, I at first mounted mine on the rear wall due to my Wife's choice, And more recently experimented with them on the side walls to the main listening area (couch)- which I seem to prefer a little better. One thing that I did notice is that when sitting more forward from the ideal sitting position (on another chair or love seat closer to the front speakers), I can hear the highs (tweeters) better because of the way the speaker is designed. I Also feel more "in the middle" of the action with the speakers on the side wall. Anyway it is really a personal preference. You may have to set them up temporarily on the side walls to tell what you like better. Mine are currently on the side walls. Good luck!