Sealed armada is comming !

TheEAR

[:D]

After a good investigation and looking at the performance of current sealed subs in my rooms(due to room gain,placement) I have decided to switch a few drivers to sealed duty. As here I can have big output into single digits,reaching for the abyss of bass. Plus remain over 130dB at listening position 16Hz up in each room. Very satisfactory thank you.Not that I will ever even cross the 120dB line on peaks.

I am considering doing a sealed box for even the mighty twin Acoupower 18's ! They have so much output even in a semi resctrictive sealed...they pound the tar out of anyones eardrums and then some.

The twin ACoupower are interesting in a ported as this would enable me to get inhuman output down to tuning. But a sealed is not that far behind and I have no subsonic filer to use,plus extreme frequency extension down to the single digits.

More to follow. As my mad never ending quest for ulimate bass continues. One thing is sure,there are very few who will challenge each setup once it is completed.Consisiting of 10-20 capable DIY subs each. The commercial...LOL...they will be relegated to computer duty.

Not to change the topic of the thread, cuz i think thats freakin sweet (and admirably rediculous) and i think i could be you SOMEDAY.(as i have an obsession with bass but noone wants to donate to my cause, and college aint cheap) but have you ever considered selling any of your DIY subs? i mean not for like a profit or anything, just ones you dont need to dumb klipsch members like myself who cant build anything and want extreme output.

If I wanted the LMS-5400 that bad I would get several as I have sources. [:D] Oh and next week I am getting...lo and behold...some AudioPulse drivers. [:D]

He he he

Also ..Jay if you want to sell your driver,like I have said you know who to PM...TheEAR. But I would like to bsee you build a half TheBEAST. I am not envious of fellow Klipschers with great subs. Even happy to see more join the craze. [:D]

Oh yes I will ahve pictures of the crazy amount of drivers I have now...and many will follow ! From all known suspects. I tell you madness...madness.

OT...on the side I have lost two cheapo amplified PC speakers today...one died after the other(Creative GigaWorks T40 and Logitech Z-10) ...one pops and the other one buzzes from the left speaker. The joys of PeaSee speakers are unlimited. [:'(] At least I have about eight pairs of other PC speakers from the ProMedia days...

laneza01,

Thanks but selling my DIY subs is not practical,far from it. Just ask fellow Klipscher Mike Hurd who has his own large DIY...boxing and shipping is a no no.

Why wants 250lbs,340lbs and more subs? They are an impressive sight and perform like champs but are a pain to move and sometimes even pass thru doors,as you cave to turn in passageways.

Also ..Jay if you want to sell your driver,like I have said you know who to PM...TheEAR. But I would like to bsee you build a half TheBEAST. I am not envious of fellow Klipschers with great subs. Even happy to see more join the craze. Big Smile

I think I will buy three 18 inch pr from CreativeSound.ca to do the mini beast.