• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 in. Tall with wheels 51 1/16 Tall
25 3/8 Wide - front and back
15 5/8 Sides

Top Chamber starts at 34 1/4 inside and 23 7/8 x 13 1/2 (makes it the original Cornwall volume)
Woofer moved up 7 inches from top port ( 11 inches from bottom of outside speaker)

I did use a thin dampening material along the walls of the bass enclosure and in the top section of the cutoff chamber, and the crossovers were installed on the top chamber self.

I don't have any idea of overall sensitivity or average ohms, only that it should be around what the oringal Cornwall. I mostly listen to music in the 8 O'clock postion on the volume for the Klipschorn and the Super "C" Walls and they seem very close in sensitivity in same positions in the room here.

I followed these plans of the Cornwall and just made the changes for the cutoff chamber for the speaker being taller and moving the woofer up higher simular to the Cornwall III.

I got the cornwall plans from the Klipsch forum, I believe it was from here:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/484769.aspx

post-26057-1381936743447_thumb.jpg

I used high-grade 3/4 birch plywood.

Yes, the Eminence APT-200 Super Tweeter came from partsexpress and it's for both the driver and horn (one unit with tweeter & horn). It's the same driver Crites uses but with a different horn, 90x90 Bi-Radial Horn, also called the baby cheeks horn.

The Eminence APT-150 Super Tweeter with 100x50 Horn comes closer to the Crites CT125 tweeter.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=290-534

All these Eminence tweeter horns and the Crites CT125 uses the same Eminence APT-50 Super Tweeter driver:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=290-530

Just using different horns.

I don't know the difference between the horns but the advice I was given by many was to go with the Eminence APT-200 because it would give the best results and I didn't need a drop in replacement for the tweeter that the Crites CT125 does since custom building the motor board. The Crites CT125 tweeter is the only one that has the drop-in replacement horn size for Klipsch speakers without having to do any wood re-working.

No, no one here builds CornScalas to sell. I saw Bob Crites post of his CornScalas and he sold one pair but that's all I see, and some forum members have built their own and sometimes sells when going to a new project or speakers but that's about it.

You could look locally as some speaker repair places also custom build speakers for you. There is a guy in my area that builds Cornwall clones when asked and said he would build mine for me if I felt at any time I couldn't do it. His prices were really great.

Is there anyone on here that actually builds Corn-Scalas to sell?? I don't remember seeing any, but then again....I don't see everything.

There is an older gentleman in Texas that builds Klipsch clones for half the price or more of any Klipsch Heritage.... Klipschorn, LaScala, Belle, Cornwall......a good alternative for those of us who can't afford Heritage prices but really want the Klipsch sound! [:D]

I spoke to him and he seems like a very nice guy. His website is here:

http://www.shinallandcompany.com He said he would also ship if you provide the shipping. He doesn't always answer emails so it's hard to get in touch with him, better to just call him. He does it more as a hobby and does some excellent woodworking. I hear they are really good from those who have bought from him. I almost went this route but during my travel in Texas, I couldn't get a hold of him to pick up some speakers so I missed out and shipping is a bit expensive to ship in my area.

The bass is much larger, stronger, and fuller sounding than the Klipsch RF-7, there is a big difference between the two and easily heard. The bass also has more resolution and tighter, it just rolls out into the room effortlessly. The RF-7's sound small and anemic sounding in bass and sound compared to these, and the RF-7's already have great bass, just not like this.

Yes, I'm using a huge amp with these, very high wattage/high current and very heavy amp, takes two people to move it.

I know some don't believe it makes a difference vs. very small watt amps but it has all the way for my setups, as long as it's very high-quality.

Thanks! That sight does look interesting. Wish I could hear a pair of the XT-200 and see what drivers he puts in them.

Off hand I can't remember what drivers he said he used. It's not the same drivers as Klipsch uses. I'll have to try and find the emails he sent later when I'm at home and see what brand drivers they are for you. He also sent me some pictures of his speakers showing the drivers he uses.

Here's some pics of the XT-200 he sent me, you can see the drivers he uses in the back of them.

He said he uses these drivers:

Model: XT-200

Eminence 12” woofers (2)

MG DU-80 watt MidRange driver

Selenium tweeter

(2) 12” passive radiators in separate chambers

Model: XA-15

Eminence Kappa 15’ woofer

Pro Systems MidRange driver

Selenium – tweeter

15” passive radiator

MG is "MG Electronics" here: www.mgelectronics.com

MG DU-80 Midrange Driver: http://www.mgelectronics.com/productdetails.cfm?productid=55

post-26057-13819367537754_thumb.jpg

Wow he's got lots of drivers going on there , but there's something about your design that's got me Smile

True, there's something about passive radiators that leaves me a little flat.

Maybe it's just to prevent the over extension of the woofer to the point of tearing the surround or bottoming out the voice coil.