K-1132.........

Had a question a while ago, that never really got answered, so I thought after a recent purchase would throw it out there again. After waiting for almost a year I have found a driver labeled k-1132 and was wondering if the other driver I had was a comparable mate. The first driver I had was rated at 16 ohms, not sure what the k-1132 is, since it isn't labeled and I don't have a meter handy.

My first question will be:

What is the impedance of a k-1132?

Secondly, can anyone tell me about this driver here?

post-20547-1381936690327_thumb.jpg

1. I don't know the impedance.

2. I belive the 1132 is the 'stock' driver that would be used on the K402 horn in the Jubilee system, when the Jubilee is being used as a 3-way. It is made by Klipsch in Hope and I also think...is the driver that Roy made the modified phase plug for.

So, the good news is you are now on your first steps to acquire a Jubilee!! [:D]

In the Jubilee 2-way, that is the driver that is dropped from use, in lieu of moving the tweeter driver (K69) down from the tweeter horn to the K402.

I'm sure, without actually knowing, that they use this driver for other applications, this is just the one I'm familar with (or believe to be familiar with)

Maybe if you look up the Jubilee system (under the commercial speakers links), it might give you the impedance numbers you're looking for?

The 1132 is also, the driver ONE of the Jubilee owners is using (Bob in Washington State). Seems Klipsch sent the wrong driver by mistake, sending him the 1132 driver. They sent him the K69 so he could swap them. This gave him the chance to really be the only person who's done an A/B with each driver in his home....

Interestingly enough, he chose to send the K69's back and kept the 1132 as his 'tweeter' driver, even though it's really the midrange driver. He told me something like (paraphrasing) it blended its midrange better with the bass bins than the K69 did.

All that said... it's certainly possible I've got the wrong driver number so take it all with at least one grain of salt.

[^o)]

k-1132 is 8 ohms. I have 2 of them. K-1133 is 16 ohms. The photo is for a k-1133. You can use the 1132 with the 1133 if you can address the impedance difference. The 1132 and 1133 is a mid range driver intended to be used with a tweeter. It's roll off point is 12khz. I'ts not a good choice for a 2-way jubilee. You can use it with a k-70-g tweeter which mounts to a k-703 horn to get a 3-way system. You can also use it with a k-69 and K-510 horn as a tweeter. What else do you wish to know.

Thanks guys for the input, speakerfritz are you sure you don't work for klipsch. Seems like you're in the know.

First of all, can I change the diaphragm on the K-1133 to one from a k-1132. Externally the motor looks the same. In the ideal situation that this would work, I would have a pair of matched drivers.

Sensitivity is another issue I'm uncertain of, would like to know the spl of the drivers to give me an idea of how to attentuate them.

I think I have the tweeter issue covered for the time being, I have a set of k-63-kn out of a set of cf-4(s) that I was considering for the tweeter part. But unfortunately I don't know the sensitivity of those either.

Last but not least I need to find a line on some k-31(s) four to be precise. I'd hate to have to sacrifice a set of klf-30(s). Couldn't bring myself to do it anyhow. Had thought of trying the woofers from my kg-5.5(s) with an adaptor so when the 31(s) came along I could throw them in and rework the crossovers.

Any ideas on whether or not this would be a total disaster, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks again guys

check your 1133 to see if it has a dual phase plug. that would be the only assembly difference. The SPL was posted on one of my old threads. I'll try to remember a key word to do a search. For home use, due to the bubble effect, you might want to make a deal with someone for a pair of k-69's and go 2 way. a 3-way senerio is good for a large room becuase of the need to be furthur from the speakers to get outside of the 3-way bubble. a 2-way bubble 's perimeter is smaller than a 3-way so it works well in average rooms. I'll send an email to someone who has 4 k-31's and see if they want to unload them. these are new and unused.

Had a question a while ago, that never really got answered, so I thought after a recent purchase would throw it out there again. After waiting for almost a year I have found a driver labeled k-1132 and was wondering if the other driver I had was a comparable mate. The first driver I had was rated at 16 ohms, not sure what the k-1132 is, since it isn't labeled and I don't have a meter handy.

My first question will be:

What is the impedance of a k-1132?

Secondly, can anyone tell me about this driver here?

what you have there sir, is a k-1132-16 used in some systems called the kp-366. can you take a picture of the horn for me? make a pouty look when you snap the picture.....

take care,

roy

Roy,

Good to see you are alive and kicking. Thanks for the reply on my post, its always good to get the skinny from someone in the inner circle. What do you think about the idea of a jube bin with the k-1132 topped with the k-63 driver for a tweeter?????? If you can't elaborate I understand, seems like awesome combo to me if the sensitivity combo match up to obtain a decent overall output. That I do not know...

Anyhow here is a shot of the two different horns. This is the best pouty face I could make [:(]

post-20547-13819366918074_thumb.jpg

Took the six screws off of the back and it didn't seem to want to come off that easily, so I refrained from prying. Do the three screws that go through what I think is the phase plug, go in to the rear cover as well???

Can I buy an eight ohm diaphragm and place on the motor of the k-1132-16, or buy a sixteen ohm diaphragm and place on the k-1132-8 motor? Basically are they interchangable??????