3 million album auction on Ebay

Kriton

I am sure you guys have already seen and discussed this *ad nauseum*, I had heard it already was sold, but apparently not -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320230084120

Do you remember the Twilight Zone where the Penguin just wants to be left alone, so he can read all the books in the library? If someone would just give me a good set-up, a deep chair, and a cold lifetime supply of the beer of my choice, plenty of needles and push the food under the warehouse door - I think I could spend a long time just going through this archive one record at a time...But like the Twilight Zone, I would emerge looking for new caps or replacement tubes, and everyone would be gone!

K

Something to ponder ............. Why would you want to spend that kind of money for a collection, when alot of those recordings you might not want? That is a wicked high starting price ............. I guess it's like anything else, if you can afford it, why not, but I have a hard time believing that you would ever listen to all of them in your lifetime, unless your a teenager. That's alot of Music, that's alot of storage space ...... interesting to say the least !!!!!!!