sub choice sub-12 rw-10 d

deluss

ok so i recently purchased a set of klipsch speakers containing rc-52 rb-61 and rs 42's i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what sub i should purchase. I work at best buy so i get a nice discount on things. Also a decent reciever. The room is very small ( i know the setup is over kill ) its about 8X16. Thanks in advance

Deluss

Guest srobak

I have a Sub12 which I have mixed into a Reference environment
consisting of RF35s, RC62s and RS42s, and I think it is a perfect
fit... but - those are my ears. I have had my Sub12 for over a year
now, and it has been flawless, and delivers nothing short of "fist of
god" caliber pounding... very happy with it. No huffing, chuffing, pingy pongy or paintball gun sounds... :)

Posted Image

srobak,

You may want to try placing your RC-62 where your HK receiver is and tilt it
up toward the listening position, or if this is a permanent home theater
location mount the flat panel on the wall and place the center on the top shelf
just below the bottom of the panel. Why are the RS-42's on top of the RF-35's? [:)]

Happy Listening,

Ray

Guest srobak

42's are on the mains for photographic purposes only (and I was breaking them in, hooked up as mains at the time). They are where they belong now. The 62 is on the lower shelf for 2 reasons... 1> I usually lay down on the couch to watch movies, and the coffee table top actually interferes with the line to my ears from the top shelf... the lower does not. Also 2>, the 62 is 1/4inch taller than the spacing of the shelves. Putting it on the top shelf yields a bowed top for the tv to teter upon. Not good. I also have it eq'ed in it's current config - so the center is actually over-compensated just a bit... doesn't get muffled or poorly reflected - believe it or not - maintains really good imaging. If/when situation changes, I will mount it higher, possible even above the tv.