Get this CD!

jdm56

I'm not really into rap, hip-hop and all that, BUT, this CD rocks!s> First exposed to it on MTV while channel surfing late one night. The track they were playin' was "Ride Wit' Me". I thought it was much more musical, more melodic than most rap. So, I bought the CD on the strength of a couple of music videos, and when I got that sucker on the player at home - WOW! Excellent recording, with deep, slammin' bass and outstanding sound overall. Plus, every track is a keeper; only a couple are a little below par. Will sound great on any good klipsch system.

oops!...Oh dopey me... and the NAME of the CD is Country Grammar, by the artist currently known as Nelly. (thanks SF, for the nudge.)

------------------

JDMcCall

This message has been edited by James D McCall on 01-17-2002 at 02:42 PM

Uhhhhh....What CD???

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

quote:

Originally posted by James D McCall:

I'm not really into rap, hip-hop and all that, BUT,
this CD rocks!
s> First exposed to it on MTV while channel surfing late one night. The track they were playin' was "Ride Wit' Me". I thought it was much more musical, more melodic than most rap. So, I bought the CD on the strength of a couple of music videos, and when I got that sucker on the player at home - WOW! Excellent recording, with deep, slammin' bass and outstanding sound overall. Plus, every track is a keeper; only a couple are a little below par. Will sound great on any good klipsch system.

oops!...Oh dopey me... and the NAME of the CD is Country Grammar, by the artist currently known as Nelly. (thanks SF, for the nudge.)

Whoa man, that CD came out at least a year ago if not more. You do know Nelly is from St. Louis don't you? Just thought I'd throw some facts out there. He also has a new song called "# 1" or "I am #1" Something like that. It's a pretty tight track too.

------------------

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

Diggs,

Yeah, yeah, I know; I'm really on the cutting edge of popular music. cwm16.gif Truth is, though, that I'd never heard anything from his CD until that night on MTV a couple of months ago. Also true: I knew he came out of St. Lu; that also was a factor in my giving him a listen. I always like to back the home boys...GO RAMS!!!

------------------

JDMcCall