KLF-20 values

dkp

I have a pair of KLF-20s that I purchased a few years back. They are taking up space in my basement and need to find a new home. I have seen them go in the $600 range on ebay but don't recall what kind of shape those were in. I would say that these are in fair shape (although my "fair" could be someone else's poor and yet another's "good"). Frankly I haven't looked at them very closely in quite some time so I cannot say exactly how they look. I do recall that at least one of them has a scratch on the top and seem to recall that one has a small piece of the veneer missing at the back edge of one of the sides. I would be interested in reading your thoughts on the fair price range for KLF-20s at different condition levels. I don't have any pics on my hdd or I could post them for you. I'll try to get some pics uploaded this evening.

They have the medium oak finish.

I picked up a pair last year for $550.... they were local so I didn't have any shipping costs to factor into the equation.

Medium Oak, a few smudges with some (very) minor nicks/scratches, particularly down near the bottom. Edges were sharp, most of the corners were as well. Only one had a small veneer issue (1/4" x 1/2") on the back edge down at the bottom corner. The grill cloth on each had a couple small holes (not visible unless you were looking) about 1/8"-1/16" in diameter down near the bottom as well (probably from a cat, if I had to guess). Cabinets were solid and all drivers were in perfect shape.

They sounded great, and after a short demo I handed over the money. If I had to rate them I'd say they are probably in the "very good" to "excellent" range. Or an 8 - 8.5 out of 10. I would have paid another $50, maybe $100 to get them.

Also, for comparison another pair was sold from the local (Dallas) Craigslist a few days ago. They were all black and from the looks of the picture, appeared to be in very good shape. I contacted the seller, but he had already sold them... $450.

Tony

Thanks for the info, Tony. I need to take a few pics of these as they are most likely not in nearly as nice of shape as are yours. I'm thinking that they are probably worth somewhere in the $400 range but am unsure. I'm going to loan them to my Dad for the time being and swap out some of his gear which includes an older pair of Infinity speakers. I'm sure he'll love these.

Hello, I am in south Fl, quite far from you. I have been interested in purchasing a pair of KLF-20s for some time, and now am pursuing that want. I wanted to try to barter some of my used Klipsch gear towards it because of a forced downsizing. That may not be something you are interested in, you could let me know. I believe you still have these speakers, let me know if theyhave been sold. If you have them and are interested in selling, and if youy can pack and ship securely, please let me know your price. If interested, please check out my listing on the garage sale section, something in there might fit your father's taste. Thanks

Thanks for the inquiry on the speakers. I just unpacked them from the van this evening as we didn't have time to get them unloaded yesterday. I took a few pics of them tonight and I'll try to get them uploaded so you can check them out. If you remain interested, just drop me a PM (private message) and we can discuss. These are a little rough around the edges but sound wonderful.