Balance problem

cdsang

For some reason the power in my first reciver had this wierd problem of changing power from one speaker to another. When it was new, it didn't do this. I have to get up change the balance. 5 mins later it changes back to normal or switches all to way to the other side. Ok so that ones now dead after 10 years. Now i am useing my dads even older but less used one and am haveing the same issues. It is just normal for gear to do this when gets old? I am wondering if the 2.8 ohmes in my RF-7s just killes amps quicker. I plan on upgrading to seperates later. Is there anything I can do for now?

CD

You do realize thats the avarage ohmes right? Speakers cam go from 2-40 ohms depending one the frequency. The RF-7s dip into 2.8 ohmes in the bass region. And belive it or not no speaker that I know of has a flat ohmes reponce across the whole frequency range. I think the old RF-3s go down to about 4 ohmes.