subs in room, how many and where

InVeNtOr

if i buy the rw-12d, i will have an extra ksw-12 just laying around. i am toying with the idea to have both of them hooked up. now i have pics enclosed so everyone can get a good idea of the room and whats in it. (room size is 16x16x10'-slopes to 10' toward the front of the room-tv side)

if i were to have both subs, at first glance where should they be placed? should the 12d be in the front and the ksw-12 in the rear? which side "should" they be on? i know a lot of this i will be able to figure out when i have the room and everything is hooked up. i am only asking for a very good starting point, and i will work from there.

thanks to all who help

post-23806-13819367866346_thumb.jpg

Running 2 dissimilar subs can be tricky. I'd put the weaker of the 2 closer to you so it won't have to work so hard. Also be sure to calibrate with an SPL meter paying close attention to phase. You could actually place them so they would cancell each other out at the listening position. It is possible to add a sub and have less bass than you started with when you only had one.