Compare RF-7 to RF-83

kdmsr

Ok, I’m new to the form. Any comments what is a better speaker the RF-7 or the newer RF-83?

I have a chance to buy ether one of these NEW.

I have no dog in this race so I’ll sit back and check out your views.

Thanks, BC

what will you use the speakers the most for (movies or music)? have you listened to each one? it's really going to depend on your ears. just an example, i listened to the rf-82's and the xf-48's. the guy said he like the xf-48's but to me the 82's sounded just as good. i am no expert, but go by your ears.

have fun and pick the one you like the best.

It's very cool to have a choice between the two.

One consideration is cosmetics. The RF83 has a significantly smaller profile from the front, though it has slightly more cab volume than the RF7. If you are going to be living with it, might as well like the looks.

The 83 replaced the 7 as flagship in the RF line.

Which sounds the best? Subjective preference. They do sound somewhat different. They both sound fabulous. Just a little difference in reference sound. I know folks who still prefer the sound of the RF7, but not all.

You are really going to have to do some listening. What sounds best to you is best.