FOR THE EAR.....

InVeNtOr

Well just like you have to find the "Sweet Spot" for you speakers the sub is the same way. There can be a difference from just moving it inches to a couple of feet. But like you stated, sometimes you only have one or two places that you can put it, this is my situation.

James

Lets get a few things clear...

The RF-82's are capable down to the 30Hz range,and a sub ..real sub must extend cleanly and with serious output down to 20Hz or even below. None of the Klipsch subs you pointed can do this. I have owned the best Klipsch subs since the RSW serie BTW. The real contenders from Klipsch are the twin THX subs and the matching amp...here we are taling output,extension and all around great performance.

The RSW15 and RW-12d are good to around ~24Hz from there on down they drop fast.They are very very clean and have serious punch however.

I would take a look at usual suspects...I better PM you as this is not a forum of all brands,it is a Klipsch forum.

okay i keep showing off my noobness...i didn't know you had to tune the subs in. i thought you hooked them up, put them where you wanted, set the volume and then you were done.

Placement, phase and gain, all important, all can make or break your subs performance.