RVX-54's OR XF-48's ????!! Anyone who has heard either/or both

STARSCREAM

I'm looking for some sleek, powerful floorstanders for my fronts. Reason I'm looking for something without much depth to is because the way my theater room is setup the left front will be in the way of the entry to the room so I don't wanna have to barely dodge something everytime somebody enters like I do now. However, i'd like to get something that is gonna be a huge upgrade over my theater in a box I have now. I haved demoed the xf-48's a few times at Ultimate Electronics and really like their punch. I am still now sure on the self powered thing though. I wanted to hear the RVX-54's but they don't have those anymore or anywhere around here to demo. I'd love for an employee or someone else to chime in and let me know how the RVX-54's, especially compared to the new Icon XF-48's? I don't wanna buy the RVX-54's and think to myself everytime I watched something that I was missing out somehow by not going with teh XF-48's. I have only found one place online that actually has the 54's. Thanks in advance.

I jumped the gun a little bit before I read your entire post. I personally have not heard the RVX-54. Just wanted you to be aware of a great deal. I have 3 RVX-42's and was going to pull the trigger on this ad until I found a pair of RF-63's. If you do decide to buy the the 54's, I could sell my 42's for a good price.

Hi, I have had the RVX54'S set up with my Marantz SR8002 and they sounded great for home theatre and for music. The only reason I stoped using them was because I found the hole package in the RF7 series which sound better and I have always wanted them and finnaly got a chance to own them so I did. The RVX 54'S can still be bought thoe you just have to look around. Not trying to push the ones I am selling on you but I do have aset that I only used for a few weeks before I fount the RF7'S. I have them listed on audiogon and here in the garage sale. But they do sound really good to me like I said I have just wanted the RF7'S for so long that I could'nt pass them up, hence the sale of the 54's. jeffdbodean