KP-301 Crossovers? What do the x-over experts think?

I bought a pair of KP-301B crossovers.

These things weigh a TON!

What should I expect from them?

The KP-301's serial numbers were not consecutive and the X-overs are not exact duplicates.

Do you think the Caps might need replacement, by the looks of them, date wise?

I see there is one less wire-wound resistor (I think that's what it is) on the left one.

If you click on the picture it opens in a new window and you can the enlarge the picture to get a really good look at the components.

At least, that's how it works on my computer.

Noah

post-26147-1381937453882_thumb.jpg

You need to contact Klipsch and get a schematic. I'm not familiar enough with the pro stuff to even to tell you what they came out of, which is the main reason I haven't responded. You also didn't say what you were going to be using them with or for, so it's not really possible to say anything in regards to what you might expect. Use them in a way not intended and I would say don't expect much. And yes, replace the capacitors.

Get the diagrams for both from Klipsch.

Inventory the drivers, are both sets identical?

Replace all the caps with new, make the left one like the right one with regards to the resistors.

Replace the steel screws in the round coils with brass.

• Like 1

Noah, I have a copy of that schematic on my computer at home. I can send it to you tonight or tomorrow. I've got a busy night tonight (picking up a new car). I believe if you search through the commercial section of the forum you can find it there. Mark

• Like 1