Klipsch headphones linked on Gizmodo.com today.

seti

http://gizmodo.com/5013139/klipsch-image-x5-earbuds-are-2mm-bigger-than-smallest-earbuds

These Klipsch Image X5 is the followup to the original Klipsch Image
headphones, which were the smallest in-canal earbuds ever. The
originals are now X10s (top), which are 2mm smaller than the slightly
beefier X5s (bottom). The buds still have Contour Ear Gels and noise
isolation, but cost $250 as opposed to the $350 of the X10. Depending
on how these sounds in comparison to the flagship X10, they might be a
pretty good tradeoff of 2mm for $100. Make sure to try shoving
something really deep inside your ear to simulate how it feels before
you buy a pair. It's not for everyone.

Make sure to try shoving

They make it sound like shoving a pencil deep in your ear feels the same? Obviously, they haven't tried the IMAGE compared to even normal in ear 'phones. Or they think they are like ear buds.

My ears can't tolerate ear buds. I can tolerate my Custom 2. When I tried the IMAGE, granted for a short time as a prototype, it was VERY EASY to forget they were in my ears, except for the exceptionally awesome sound of Klipsch that was materializing inside my head from an insanely timy engineering and design marvel.

Not all personal musical reproduction apparatus are created alike. The IMAGE are at the top of the heap in sound and comfort, to me at least. The Custom 3 I'm told sound even more spectacular but for me the IMAGE wins the comfort and ease of use by a wide margin. ymmv

Make sure to try shoving

They make it sound like shoving a pencil deep in your ear feels the same? Obviously, they haven't tried the IMAGE compared to even normal in ear 'phones. Or they think they are like ear buds.

My ears can't tolerate ear buds. I can tolerate my Custom 2. When I tried the IMAGE, granted for a short time as a prototype, it was VERY EASY to forget they were in my ears, except for the exceptionally awesome sound of Klipsch that was materializing inside my head from an insanely timy engineering and design marvel.

Not all personal musical reproduction apparatus are created alike. The IMAGE are at the top of the heap in sound and comfort, to me at least. The Custom 3 I'm told sound even more spectacular but for me the IMAGE wins the comfort and ease of use by a wide margin. ymmv

Colter let me demo three of them last time I saw him but I'm not accustomed to headphones so they felt a little weird. I liked the top of the line with the dual armatuers myself.

Colter let me demo three of them last time I saw him but I'm not accustomed to headphones so they felt a little weird. I liked the top of the line with the dual armatuers myself.

I've heard those (Custom 3) have the absolute best sound quality. I only heard the Image and Custom 1 (I think) prototypes at the Pilgrimage last year and have owned the Custom 2 (dual armatrues but both the same and no crossover) since they first became available. The Image still win out in comfort from my short experience with them. Can't wait to try 'em all.