4.1 Blues!

papachulo10

I've had these speakers for 6 months and i must admit that they are great. Yet this greatness was cut short with the purchase of my new computer around a week ago. Now i didn't have a lot of time to play with my computer and the one completed mission of Ghost recon is testiment to that fact. Yet when i go to sleep i hear the speakers hiss very loudly and the subwoofer whine like a pig. This problem hasn't occured before so i was curious and the next day i decided to dismantle my system and put it together. As soon as i unplugged the speaker system i heard the sub give off a high pitched whine. THis sound is completely different from the normal unplugging noise (i can't describe it). I then plugged it back in and was greeted by a sound which resembled a high pitched motorcycle reving up. I also know that this is not the normal sound that it is supposed to emmit. I then started up Ghost recon and to my dismay the 9mm Silenced pistol gave off a sound that resembled a laser gun and the booming menu music that i had grown accostomed to, sounded pathetic at best. I have come to the conlclusion that my speaker system has been blown. i would like help in how to repair them or how can i return them using the one year warrenty accompanied with the purchase of the speaker system. I have the original recipt and box so i do not think that would be a problem. Thanks for your help and i m sorry if the thread is too long.

------------------

"War ain't, war just isn't what it used to be."

Thats a little weird, was your computer on when you unplugged them? Well, you should have unplugged the pros before you unplugged it from the computer. Anyway, send an email to promediatech@klipsch.com, and they will give you a replacement. I dont think this is a problem you can fix at home

if you unplug your power source or plug a source back into you amp while power is running through it, you will most likely send a power spike to that amp, in other words, frying it will most likely be the result. It's like with car audio...if you ever hook up a new amp, you better make sure you took the fuse outta your power cable or you're either electricuted, or blowing your speakers, or the combination. Goes the same way with everything else. never have something plugged in to an outlet when you are connecting power sources to another.