Need a Center and rearsto match my Belles

colorlaser

I have some Belles that I wouldn't give up for anything. It is time (o.k., way past time) to build a home theater.

I need the scoop on the best center and rear channel to go with the Belles. The room is fairly small... about 15x20, so three more giant speakers is absolutely out of the question.

Recommendations for amplification etc. would be welcomed as well. I'm using a 26 year old 120 watt Yamaha amp. At 1 watt the volume is simply overwhelming. What amps emphasize great sound at fractions of a watt?)

BTW, these were bought used in 1976 for $1000... and he threw in a Pioneer turntable. They have less than 500 hours on them since 1977. As far as I can tell, they sound perfect. (You should hear Led Zeppelin at 50 watts. Drop the needle and run!) Do I need to get them serviced?

Thanks from an old hippy.

Welcome,

I'd imagine that the Heresy would do the trick for the center and rear.

for your amp Denon = No fluff straight up Home Theater

for your amp Yamaha = Bells and Whistles

I've got a Legends based system 4 KLF 30's & a C7

powered by a Yamaha RV-X995 DTS/DD receiver

I'm sure the Heritage based folks will help ya out a whole bunch!

So enjoy the wealth of information

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

I have La Scalas for mains and rears and a KLF-C7 for a center channel speaker. It works very well and has a good tonal match, though not perfect. Heresies from about the same year your Belles were made would be the optimum, but they could be hard to come by. Conventional rears that should be good would be the RS-3s or RS-7s.

Your Belles deserve better than a mere reciever of any ilk. I recommend seperates. I'm very pleased with my Acurus pre/pro and Parasound amps. For the money they are hard to beat. B&K also makes good equipment at a step up in price. Then, there is Aragon, Proceed, and McIntosh at a bit higher. If you are willing to go into the Aragon territory, start looking at good tube equipment. If you can find a good tube technician, used tube equipment can be a good deal. I don't know enough about tubes to be confident buying used.

There is no reason to have your Belles serviced. The way PWK made stuff it still operates after 50 years. We have some guys on the BBS using mid-50s K-horns that are completely original.

John

EQ: How do you position your Heresy for the center channel? Is it possible to lay it on its side?

------------------

Klipsch Fortes, Oiled Oak

McCormack DNA-1 Power Amp

McCormack TLC Pre-Amp

Adcom GCD-700 CD Player

NHT SA3 Subwoofer Amp

Hsu TN1220 Subwoofer

Old Akai cassette Deck

Akai AAR22 used as tuner

Nordost Solar Wind interconnects

Kimber 4TC Speaker Cable

As it happens, I checked the Belle info from Klipsch and they agree with y'all that the Heresy is the deal. I was REALLY hoping somebody would tell me that the RC-7 would work. Anybody willing to go out on that limb?

"And if smile, give me some bad news,

Before I laugh, and act like a fool"