Tired ears with Custom 1's

waquin

Hello all.

I recently purchased a pair of Custom 1s to use with my ipod classic while at work. I listen to music for about 4 hours at work (in a quite office) and for about 1 hour traveling each day. I have noticed that at nights I have tired ears, not only do they feel like they still have the headphones in them, but it feels like I have been listening far too loud. I dont think this is the case as I listen with my ipod almost as low as it can go, if not at the minimum as I only like background music while I work.

Do you think this tiredness is because my ears are not use to the Custom 1s and they will adjust and get accustomed over time? Or am I listening for longer than I should be?

Do you have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Some one once mentioned to me that Custom Series headphones can be compared to glasses. They take some time to get used to them if you have never used In Ear type headphones previously. That being said you will want to try different size ear tips to get the best fit for your ear canal. The more you use them in time the less this will be an issue. This excludes those rare cases where people actually rub their ear canals raw. Common sense will go along way in this matter.

Enjoy your new headphone investment.

• 4 weeks later...

My image's and Custom 3's are 'invisible' to my ears now. Once you get the correct tips and insertion procedure (becomes automatic after a while), they fit like they were custom made for me. I also keep my ears scrupulously clean which I think helps a lot. Check your eartips for cheese often as accumulated bits of stuff will affect the fit and comfort.

One little thing I do which makes them less chafing is to apply a small bit of saliva (with fingertip) to the tip just before putting them in.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your responses. Now one month after purchasing my Custom 1's they are fitting comfortably and I couldn't imagine using anything else! I use them for long periods at work and my ears are never as tired as they first were! The audio quality is great and they block out all noise from my annoying workmates..

Thanks again all,

Waquin