Crown M600 Amp ?

kg4guy

How about up to 7.5KW times two in only one rack space, and under 26 lbs (there is also the more powerful K20 rated at 50% more power than the K10)?

http://www.powersoft.it/download_get.php?obj=598

"The second day was dedicated to listening to several different music tracks though each subwoofer. Many of the speakers did not leave unscathed as three out of the five subwoofers prior to the Growlers had fallen victim to the PowerSoft K10 amplifier’s 10,000 watts. One channel of the amplifier when hooked up to each of the two Growlers is capable of 4000 watts. The Growlers sounded great, overcoming technical and challenging tracks. With two tracks remaining, the decision was made to put REAL power into the Growlers and the faders where laid into. The Powersoft K10 CLIP lights were flickering, concern was in the air, and the Growlers ROCKED!!! Putting out peaks of 129DB at 16 feet away (that works out to 139dB at 1M), the JTR Growler showed it could perform."

(the Growler is a horn-loaded single 12" sub that is a bit smaller than the LaScala, yet is flat below 50hz)

That is pretty amazing. Thanks for the description of the 'Growler,' by the way. I was wondering what it consisted of.

...I'm just not used to that kind of horsepower. Even .5 of a good quality watt can be pretty impressive to me. Of course we seem to differ on what exactly it is that makes a watt a good one or a lousy one.

How did the Growler handle zero Hz? I'll bet even IT was down at least 3dB at that level! ;)

Not quite sure where the discussion has went here what with Growlers and Powersoft amps being discussed. [*-)]

A couple of things. The 7560/ M600 is also known as the Crown Delta Omega 2000. Nearly all amps have filters to prevent them from amplifing high level VLF, usually below 10hz somewhere like the Powersoft K10's at 5hz. You don't need to be amplifing 2hz to your speakers. The 7560 can be used to put out DC current (death to speakers) to control devices if need be, but has a switch to protect from <10hz content.

The Growler is a very good, folded horn 12" PA bass bin. It is not a sub bass system and does not have substantial low bass output below 25hz, let alone down in the single digits.

The Powersoft K10 is a hell of an amp. It can come close to putting out it's claimed power with bursts, which is damn impressive considering it's size. The power levels drop off considerably if you need it sustained such as with pipe organ, movie effects, electronica, sine waves, etc. It drops down to about 1.2kw per channel continuous, but honestly that's still very good considering the size and weight. Plus those kind of effects are quite rare with normal material.

Now if you were to get this. http://www.aetechron.com/7796.html you could do welding, run some motors, linear actuator systems, Madison Square Gardens speaker array, or whatever. Should be good for 5kw for a few HOURS continuous. [:P]

Have to run AC lines... as the PLXII 3102 can shut down ( trip breaker ) after a few seconds into clipping. With stiff supply voltage, it is almost enough, one 3102 per driver. I doubt I would gain much going to the 3602, maybe going to a PL 6.0II or PL9.0 with 30 amp plugs sure. I toyed with the idea of a PL380 for the big'un as well.

Tough to say... I am going to be bidding on a used PLXII 3102.

Ok. I'd forgot that you had a 3102. I know what you mean about tripping the breaker. My CE4000 on the XXX has tripped my powerstrip/surge protector it's plugged into twice when testing with sine waves. It doesn't trip the actual breaker though. It's never done it with actual material.

I need to get with Chuck about shipping my 7560's eventually.