Center channel advice needed

FatesWarning

Hi guys, this is my first post. I own a pair of 1977 Heresy's and need a center channel speaker. I am currently using a Polk CS1, but I have heard it is not a good match. I've also read that the ACADEMY is the best choice. However, those are extremely scarce and I'm considering other options. Le'ts assume I can;t find one at a reasonable price. I've seen a few posts stating a 3rd Heresy works in the center. However, I am a bit skeptical as those were not designed to be center speakers. (would need an explanation). I will be using these with a new Onkyo 606 AVR, which will be here tomorrow. My room is 24 x 16. Please rank the following for use as a center with two Heresy's up front. Also, list other decent options if I am missing something. I am looking for the next 3 ranked best choices after the Academy. Thanks!

KV3

3rd Heresy

C3

RC-7

KLF-C7

Heresy II - if I can't find a 3rd single Heresy
Heresy III - if I can't find a 3rd single Heresy

Your only choices in this situation are a third Heresy or an academy in that order. Or, I suppose you could go Cornwall, or maybe a pair of Cornwalls and move the heresy's to the rear and get a third Cornwall, or maybe a pair of K-Horns..........Oh no, I'm doing it again.

Thanks for your reply. I did a search on these forums and using a 3rd Heresy seems to be the most popular choice. I think I will try to go that route if I can find one. My Heresy's were built in 1977. What are the possible year ranges for a 3rd matching Heresy with the same components as mine? Cheers from Aurora, IL.

Cheers Aurora. Stan Makita's donuts are my favorite. I bet you have never heard that one before.

You don't need to do anything to "make" it a better center. They are perfect just as they are. A killer HT system would be 5 Heresy's and a good sub.

You will want to stick with the Heresy 1 line for an exact match. I am unsure of the years of production, but it is in here somewhere.

You should be able to find another Heresy...that is the BEST match...an Academy is NOT a great match for the Heresy but is a decent match for the Heresy II...it was designed to compliment the Quartet/Forte' II/Chorus II...(I spent 2 years searching for a single Heresy for a center so it might be easier to find a pair and sell one off)...I have tried an all Heresy Home Theater and my current Quartet and Academy Home Theater...to be honest, I wimped out on the center as the Heresy is just BIG (relatively speaking of course)...but to have a seemless front three...wonderful...I went back and forth (and oh my aching back) but settled for now at least on the Quartet Academy Quartet front three...if I could decide which ones I really intend to keep...[:S]...good luck

Bill