Nor Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Dark of Night.....

Not even a sudden, wild, pop-up thunderstorm could stop the Saturday evening festivities from happening at the Klispch 2008 Pilgramge! We Klipschters laughed in the face of danger (well, not really) for the second time (remember the storm in Hope in 2006) as a very intense thunderstorm threatened to interupt our dinner around 6:30 pm on Saturday. We were all seated in a large 40'x120' circus-like tent in the rear parking lot of the Klipsch building when the storm hit with a fierce intensity. Numerous Klipsch members jumped into action unfurling the tent's side curtains and working as teams to move everyone's table to a safer position closer to the center of the tent. When a wind gust knocked one of the tent's smaller, outside poles down, several Klipsch members immediately ran over and proceeded to right the pole, despite intense wind, rain and frequent lightening close by. The wind tried to blow the rain under the side curtains, but they held it back. And it was over almost as quickly as it started. The bright sun returned within 15 minutes and the steam rising from the rain puddles that sat on the still hot ashphalt looked like smoke in the sunlight. Travis-g's beautiful little girl got a "puddle-jumping" lesson from her mommy as if to say the storm had been no big deal. We were all very fortunate, given the severe weather that has plagued the Indiannapolis area in the past couple of weeks. I'll be posting more photos here as soon as I can get them all ready as Verna and I will be on the road for most of the day today. But I just had to share the one below with you all. Suffice it to say, the entire weekend has been a real blast; great friends, great times, great speakers! -Glenn

post-10177-1381938048985_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819391931088_thumb.jpg

Our "protector"! Thanks to the folks at Klipsch for sponsoring this entire event and for springing for the tent! It prevented us from having a total wash-out of our plans.

post-10177-1381938049138_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819391932698_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Great shots, Glenn.

Yes, it did get a little hairy there for a few minutes, but like they say in Indiana, just wait a few. It all changes quickly.

Our fearless Chef certainly wasn't detered...

post-4329-13819380510138_thumb.jpg

post-4329-13819391952516_thumb.jpg