Integrated Amps for Heresys

WCFoster

I am considering upgrading from my old SS integrated amp. I am looking in the $1000 range. Red Wine Audio's Signature 30.2 and Bel Canto's S300 are out of my range. At present I have narrowed my focus to the following: NuForce IA-7, Prima Luna Prologue, and Cayin 50T. I would appreciate hearing any opinions on these integrated amps and any suggestions for other amps I should consider. Thanks.

Wm

I have the cayin a50t. I highly recommend it. It matches very well with the klipsch. I have listened with heresys, quartets and and corwalls. The forward nature of the klipsch are somewhat mellowed by the strong smooth and musical midrange. The primaluna (cousin to the cayin, both made in the same factory) is a very nice piece as well but I have heard people have bad experiences with the sole vendor of primaluna. I have two friends who have much more expensive setups than mine who rave about the primaluna. They do sound very good in there systems but I have not heard them with klipsch.

I will give you a better review on the heresys when I get the my new titanium tweeters installed this weekend.

I think you are getting little response for new Tubed integrated...of course my EICO HF81 sounds GREAT with Heritage (Heresys, Quartets)...it was very nice with Reference (RB-5) as well...check with Craig at NOSValves for any older stuff...

Bill