How do I UN-bi-wire my speakers?!?

belial

aab3rd--I tried that, but they seem too loose that way. Unless I screw the posts all the way down (putting too much pressure on the bare wire) they just fall off. Guess I'll just try it again, since that is the way they are supposed to go. Thanks for setting me straight!

danbry39--there is no downside to biwiring that I am aware of. I have some nice 12 gauge wire for my left front, but I didn't have enough for my right, so rather than shell out more money I was just going to single wire, and use the extra wire from the left for the right. The real reason though is that the posts on the back of my Denon 3802 are just two damn close together and it would be easier for me to have them single wired, seeing as how I am frequently tweaking my setup and swear a blue streak every time I have to spend an eternity rewiring everything. Plus I want to go to bannana clips instead of the bare wiring I've been using, and biwiring with bannana clips gets to be a hassle, not to mention double the price of using clips with single wiring...

When I first tried biwiring, I thought there was an improvement, but I have since decided it might be more psychological than anything else (the more I get into this little "hobby," the more confused I get!).

Some people insist that it makes no difference from an engineering point of view, while others will swear they gain an improvement. To be honest, I'm still not sure myself. I'll let you know if I notice an obvious drop in sound quality.

Although I hate to do this, in the end I'm just going to repeat what everybody else says: Go ahead and try it. If it sounds good to you, keep it, if not, at least you'll know, thanks to aab3rd, how to put the damn things back on.

belial, you could buy (more money)some Audioquest type 4 speaker wire and use single bananas on the back of your 3802(I don't think dual's will work).Check www.partsexpress.com for Phoenix Gold single or dual banana plugs.They also have less expensive single and dual banana plugs.With the Type4 AQ wire you could bunch the 4 leads together at the receiver end and use 2 leads X 2 at the speaker end.The 4 solid strand AQ wire will sound better with your RB5's than multi-strand wire.If you don't believe me,ask mobilehomeless.Good luck dude.

Keith

www.partsexpress.com (search part# 263-585,263-582,091-334,091-1260)

www.audioadvisor.com (the Slate is even better-ask about cost per foot)

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 01-24-2002 at 10:16 AM