Image X5 Hits "The Street" Reviews!

Professor Thump

Great review of both the X5 and X10. I read it a few days ago - maybe a link from the klipsch.com headphone page?

I was surprised a bit as I thought the difference in the high frequencies was more pronounced to me and I didn't notice the bass to be lacking but my daughter was using the Image X10 when I tried both at the Pilgrimage and didn't want to give 'em up so I didn't really compare as much as I'd have liked...

It must be the "...little more punch and a subtle detail boost to voices, brass, and woodwinds." and the X5's "... being a tiny bit more extended." as reviewed by Gary Krakow that I'm noticing. I think Professor Thump said that the X5 have clearer highs with a more forward sound.

Gary Krakow also labeled the X10 bass as "stentorian" and that the "X5's don't reach as low but you still hear deep bass...". I don't think I was really able to compare the bass as much as I'd liked but the X5 didn't sound deficent in my all too short comparison. I was surprised at how much clearer the X5 sounded to me than the X10. That said the X10 and even my Custom 2 sound very clear to me.

Gary Krakow recommends the X10 for best quality uncompressed files and the X5 for lesser quality files such as mp3. I'm not sure as I use an older Creative Labs zen XTra with mp3 files.

In any case he highly recommends both. I'd have to agree.