RSW-15 stereo separation

Macallan

I recently added a Juicy Music Peach II to my RF-7, RSW-15 set up and encountered an un-expected problem. I had Mark from JMA add a second set of outputs to the Peach for my sub. I connected one set of RCAs to my B&K amp and then used a Y cable to connect the second set of ouputs to my subwoofer cable that split again into L and R at the RSW-15s inputs. Unknowingly this caused everything to sound like MONO. I sent the Peach back thinking it was defective only to discover that it was my set up that was incorrect. So here is my question. Why would the sub send ANY signal back into the preamp? I had no idea that sending a MONO signal TO the Subwoofer would affect the signal sent to the amp and my mains. I called Klipsch to ask them and they seemed to think that it was the preamp and not the RSW-15. I think Mark is correct but don't understand why. If I used 2 seperate RCA cables from the Peach into the RSW-15 will this fix the problem?

I'm sorry I can't help you, but Carl (cjgeraci) is the man you want involved in this discussion. He's got more "Y" splitters in his system than anyone I know.

Not sure he hangs out in this section very much, but you can find him in the "2 channel" forum.

Thanks

JJ

I connected one set of RCAs to my B&K amp and then used a Y cable to connect the second set of ouputs to my subwoofer cable that split again into L and R at the RSW-15s inputs.

If I used 2 seperate RCA cables from the Peach into the RSW-15 will this fix the problem?

Yes, it should. As far as I know, that is the proper way to hook it up if you don't have a dedicted "sub-out" on your preamp.......or you can run your speaker wire out of your amp......into the sub......out of the sub......to the speakers.

Running two RCA cables out of the amp's (left and right) to the sub's left and right would work also........but a wye splitter is not needed.

Hope this helps. [:D]

Well subs use a summation of the Left and Right signal,the same thing goes on on a older SimAudio Celeste preamp and i8ntegrated I have.

Solution...

Left goes to Left sub and Right to Right sub. [:P]

With one sub you can use either the left or right,as music recorded with LF content..the LF content is not directional.

But the ideal solution is a dual sub setup.