Removal of stain from Heresy II's

Hey Mark.....if you strip them with the Mineral spirits like I suggested a walnut stain would look great.....you could start buy adding 25% stain 75% mineral spirit and slowly add more to achieve the desired results.

I have a pair of birch that are stained a light walnut and then 4 coats of Watco brand tung oil.....I think they look stunning...they have a light brown -honey golden hue.....

I like your idea. It sounds like it is within my capability too!!! A light honey walnut has a nice ring to it. Thank you.

By the way; where do I get Watco Tung Oil ??????????

Just curious - the 2nd post here states to use a pressure washer to help to remove the chemical remover. Is applying water to wood safe? Especially delicate veneer? I would really like to know and would also be interested to hear from others that have pressure washed their speakers (LaScalas, Heresys, Cornwalls, etc)

Thank you all very much for your very informative replys. As always, I have learned a great deal from the members of Klipsch Forum.

AND while I have been in the computer room pondering a solution to my delima; my girlfriend has decided to enter the micro-man cave and polish the Heresy II's with Old English furniture polish then blended the light spots with Old English Dark Wood Scratch Cover.

They now look beautiful (still are the darkest furniture in the room though). All this will cost me (I have been informed) is a "Night on the Town" this weekend! (LOL).

I guess my next plan is to do a few months A/B listening between my '78 H's and my (new) '88 H II's to see once and for all which I prefer.

I have a feeling the answer might be "BOTH for different reasons".

Thanks again,

Mark

Just curious - the 2nd post here states to use a pressure washer to help to remove the chemical remover. Is applying water to wood safe? Especially delicate veneer? I would really like to know and would also be interested to hear from others that have pressure washed their speakers (LaScalas, Heresys, Cornwalls, etc)

I am very curious about this too now that you mention it.

Mark