NAD amp question?

Youthman

• Moderators

Just curious. I found an NAD 2400 (100 watt x 2) amp local in perfect condition. Seller wants $150.00 for it. Seems like a good price. Previous Ebay auctions sold for $200 - $250 plus shipping. This seller is local so $150 seems very reasonable.

My question is how well would it pair with my RF-83's using my Onkyo as the pre/pro? Would I be able to tell any difference in SQ? I'm assuming this is a pretty old amp. Could eventually use it for rear surrounds and get a newer amp for front three speakers later down the road. Just looking at some options, trying to find deals etc.

So whatcha think? Great deal? Ok deal? Should I pass? Open to opinions from the great forum gurus! [:D]

I think you should hold off, because if you're using your system for HT, your center will have a different amp hooked up. It might not sound the same. If you can get a good 3 or 5 channel with equal power, go for it. You want the front soundstage to sound consistent. Maybe you can buy it and resell on ebay and put the money towards a better amp for the front 3.

• Moderators

Yeah...it's called me being impatient. LOL. This house is moving much slower than we expected. Getting antsy. I really just need to wait till we build the house, then worry about trying to finish the HT. Just gotta keep saying to myself, good things come to those who wait.