Big Towers vs. Smaller Towers

Seb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ouch...

i don't envision myself spending several hundreds more just for an adjustable crossover...

talktokeith, why would i want to run the fronts to large? i don't want all the low bass to go to the mains, they can't handle it. there is so much deep bass info in the left and right channels, I don't want to miss out by sending that signal to speakers that will not reproduce it as well as my sub!

------------------

'cuz not a lot of people have ever said

"Pump up the treble!"

it is a deciding factor, but to the point of spending several hundred dollars on it?

I guess I could justify the expense by the cool remote, but I've only heard complaints about it's ease of use, or lack of rather...

I think I'll wait, buy the speakers only, then the amp, then when I change rooms I can think about a receiver that will do 7.1.

Seb,

Just get the RF-7's and RC-7 and you will hear what true Klipsch power is.

Yes I would get a Denon 4802 and after add a BIG NASTY power amp if needed.

Hey do like me get a 5800 and add a ATI 2505 after. LOL

You will feel the POWER OF KLIPSCH

Smile.gif

Ca va bucher tout ce stock la

TheEAR(s) Now theears

nah, Ears, I don't think there's enough amplifier difference between the 5800 and 4802 to warrant the high price, plus the 4802 has PL2. just look at the power supplies, they look very similar in the 4802 and 5800, while the 38series on down has those smallish square transformers that really look wimpy in comparison...

so at the max it will be the 4802.

------------------

'cuz not a lot of people have ever said

"Pump up the treble!"

The 4802 has a good size transformer,the 5800 toroid is even larger.Any amp with over 50W per channel is plenty for the R series.Even too much.

Speaking about toroid size you should see the one in the ATI 2505!WOHA what a monster,makes the Denon 5800 transformer look small in comparison.

And the two toroids in the Krell FPB600 are even larger! cwm3.gif

.... the transformers in basement of my building is LARGER STILL I should built amps around them Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Seb,

Ouais j'habite dans un logment!Drole de chose,pas de poulets a la porte.

Well its a reinforced concrete buildng,you can have a gigawatt system and blast your Cervin Vega bass bins and TAD certified sats at 125dB and nobody will care!

Only your ears may shut down from overload!

TheEAR(s) Now theears