Hi or Lo Z mode?

Macallan

I have the Peach II connected to a B&K 200.2 (33K ohm) and RF-7s. What are opinions on Hi vs Lo with this type of amp? What is the possible downside to using the Hi mode? Also, i noticed that the output impedance on the Peach in Hi mode 3.5K ohms is much higher than other brands, Cary, Rogue, Modwright, ARC. Just curious as to why? What is the advantage or disadvantage?

Perfect, since the RF-7s don't go down to 20hz, the Hi Z makes sense. Thanks.

I've had my Peach for many years, and I still prefer the sound of the Lo Z mode, even without subwoofers. I use Lo Z 98% vs. Hi Z 2 %.

There is little clarity lost in the Lo Z mode, and my RF-7s performed better than in that mode.

Of course, others have preferred the sound of the Hi Z mode, and YMMV.

Carl.

Perfect, since the RF-7s don't go down to 20hz, the Hi Z makes sense. Thanks.

I've had my Peach for many years, and I still prefer the sound of the Lo Z mode, even without subwoofers. I use Lo Z 98% vs. Hi Z 2 %.

There is little clarity lost in the Lo Z mode, and my RF-7s performed better than in that mode.

Of course, others have preferred the sound of the Hi Z mode, and YMMV.

Carl.

Yes. Some people hear a bit more "speed" and HF extension in LoZ, and prefer that sound. Also, I should point out that when I say "slightly less clarity" I am talking about extremely SUBTLE differences, not some sort of big difference. All these differences are in the last 1% or 2%.

I compensate a little bit by running two of the classic NOS in that slot: original low-noise Siemens CCAs. Somewhat costly, but I always figured that with a lifespan of 15,000+ hours, it all averaged out in the long run (at least to me).

As always, love your Peach and all of your products, and it is unlikely that I will ever change my preamp.

Carl.